January 14, 2017 WASHINGTON, D.C.
On the anniversary of the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King and in the tradition of resistance of our people thousands of black people from throughout the U.S. will join the Black is Back Coalition for Social Justice, Peace and Reparations on the weekend before the inauguration of Donald Trump as president of the U.S.
A partial list of speakers includes:
- Omali Yeshitela, Chairman of the African People’s Socialist Party
- Lisa Davis – Vice Chair, Black is Back Coalition
- Nellie Bailey – Harlem Tenants Council
- Glen Ford – Black Agenda Report
- Kam Howard – National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America
- Khalid Raheem – New Afrikan Independence Party
- Zaki Baruti – President General, Universal African People’s Organization
- Margaret Kimberly
- Marsha Coleman-Adebayo
- Toni Taylor
- Kunde Mwamvita
- Kalambayi Andenet
- Gazi Kodzo